Terry Ryan has been committed to serving his community since 1995 when he joined the Mill Creek City Council. He was a highly effective council member for 17 years including four terms as Mayor. In 2014 he was elected to the Snohomish County Council.
Terry has consistently had the same priorities:
- Public Safety and creating safe neighborhoods.
- Economic Development to create living wage jobs and increase revenues.
- Restrained government spending.
Terry currently chairs the County Council Public Works Committee dealing with road, solid waste and surface water management services.
In addition to serving on the Council, Terry represents Snohomish County in his many leadership and committee assignments:
- County Council Chair 2016
- County Council Vice Chair 2015
- Community Transit Board of Directors 2014 – 2017
- Puget Sound Regional Council Executive Board 2016 – 2017
- Puget Sound Regional Council Transportation Policy Board 2014 – 2017
- Puget Sound Regional Council Economic Development Board, 2014 – 2017, Vice President 2016 – 2017
- Puget Sound Regional Council Growth Management Policy Board 2017
- Economic Alliance of Snohomish County Board of Trustees 2016 – 2017
- Trade Development Alliance Board 2014 – 2017
- Snohomish County Conservation Futures Advisory Board 2014 – 2017
- Lodging Tax Advisory Committee 2014 – 2017
- Performance Audit Committee 2014 – 2016
- Northshore Parks and Recreation Service Area Board (including senior centers) 2014 – 2017
- Lake Ballinger/McAleer Creek Watershed Forum 2014-2017
While on the Mill Creek City Council, Terry was known for “getting things done.” His accomplishments include:
- Led the city to balanced budgets with Public Safety as his top priority including 6 years as Mayor with no property tax increase and built a cash reserve of $5.5 million dollars.
- Worked with State Legislators and Snohomish County Elected Officials to successfully obtain $1.58 million in grants for the City of Mill Creek.
- Served on Mill Creek Budget, Capital Facilities and Personnel committees as well as the Joint Fire Board.
- Helped lead well known city projects such as development of the Mill Creek Town Center, Veteran’s Monument in Library Park, Mill Creek Sports Park and siting of the Fire Station.
Terry supports our armed services and veterans. He received a “Friend of the Navy” award. Terry is also a member of the Mill Creek Lions.
In his spare time, Terry serves his community by coaching youth soccer teams at the Premier and high school levels.
Terry and his wife, Roberta, live in Mill Creek. They have four children.